The Virginia Peninsula Community College library welcome donations of materials that support the research needs and collection development policies of the college. Monetary donations are also welcomed by the Virginia Peninsula Community College Office of Institutional Advancement and may be designated for the purchase of library materials or equipment for the improvement of library services or facilities.
Donations must be in good physical condition.
- The library accepts only unrestricted donations having no special conditions such as placement, treatment, or any other requirement.
- The Library does not assess value of donated items nor does it provide tax statements. If an acknowledgment letter is desired, donations must be accompanied by documentation including the name and address of the donor, number and type of items, and an estimated value. If the library determines that donated materials are appropriate for adding to the collections, donors will receive an acknowledgment in the mail within four weeks.
- The library reserves the right to refuse gifts and to dispose of donated material according to its needs. Any donations accepted by the library may later be discarded or withdrawn as seen fit; no items will be returned to the donor.
- All donated materials will be reviewed by appropriate personnel and only those materials that are relevant to the college curricula will be added to the collection.
- If a large number of items are being donated, sufficient shelf space must be available.
- Materials must be delivered by the donor to the Library. Advance arrangements should be made with the LRC Director, (757) 825-2877.